Shoe Care Guide
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SHOES?
Your shoes will last longer the better you treat them. Certain foot lotions and body creams can cause additional deterioration to your shoes. Please be reasonable about the wear and tear of your shoes. Please avoid excessive use on the dance floor.
You might be tempted to throw your sneakers in the washing machine but don't. A bit more effort is worth the results and will prolong the life of your sneaks. Remove the laces first, these you can machine wash. Then gently scrub with a toothbrush and warm water mixed with dish soap anywhere you see a stain. Wipe them down with a damp cloth, let them air dry and you're good to go.
Be extra careful when cleaning the beads or natural woven fabrics. Our Espadrilles should definitely not be exposed to excessive water/rain. Do not wash them in water. Seems obvious, we know.
Our leather shoes cannot be chucked into the laundry or submerged in water. Just give them a wipe. That’s a low-maintenance life!! Treat with our Dasco leather protector. Keeps them looking fresher for longer.
Please make sure to undo the buckle/laces when you are removing and putting the shoes on. If you simply pull the ankle strap on and off rather than undoing the buckle, the buckle will eventually break.
Ensure you store your shoes correctly. Do not store in direct sunlight or damp, dark cupboards. AND… most certainly, under any circumstances, DO NOT put them in the washing machine or tumble dryer.
- Wet wipes are very handy when cleaning the rubber soles of your sneakers. That way you don’t need to get them too wet. Dry them with a dry towel after.
- Wash the laces. Remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution and pop into the washing machine. Clean laces make a world of difference.
- Try avoid wearing your genuine leather shoes, espadrilles or white sneakers to rainy concerts. You’ll wake up with regret.
VELDSKOEN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Our NOMAD style is made from genuine Nubuck leather which has a feel similar to suede and is more durable since it comes from the top grain of the hide. It is a much tougher and more resilient leather which is long lasting and more breathable.
TAKE THESE EASY STEPS IF YOUR VELLIES HAVE SEEN ONE TOO MANY ADVENTURES:-
- Spray your new vellies with the Dasco Protector before use.
- Next up, use the Dasco Multi Cleaner - spray consistently & evenly about 20cm away from the product. Clean the affected area gently with a dry rubber brush.
- Leave to dry in the sun for 2 hours.
- Brush the area with a dry brush or dry sponge once the Multi-Cleaner has dried completely.
- Spray with the Dasco Revive - This cleans, nourishes & restores the colours of suede & nubuck to help restore appearances.
- Use the Dasco Protective Spray on the shoes before you hit the dancefloor again.
Shop our care products here.